The body of Wallace Anderson Taylor, a World War II and Korean War veteran, was escorted from Sarasota, Florida back home to Kentucky with a three-day, seven-state funeral procession. On Sunday, the procession made its way along I-75 through Williamsburg, Corbin and London on to Taylor's final resting place at the Arch L. Heady Resthaven Cemetery in Louisville where his mother is also buried. Taylor was unmarried and had no surviving relatives to claim him so a friend contacted the nonprofit Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association, according to the Herald-Tribune in Sarasota, Florida. The association organizes military burials for unclaimed veterans, called The Final Mile. Pictured, VFW Post 3167 in Williamsburg, along with Williamsburg first responders stood at the bridge on Exit 11 to pay tribute to Taylor. | Photo by Erin Cox
This Week's Circulars
Kathleen A. Zanio, age 77, of Gray, Kentucky, passed away on Friday, May 7, 2021 at the University of Tennessee Medical Center. Born in Kenosha, WI, daughter of the late Walter R. Zanio and Alice Gregorski Zanio, Kathy attended St. Casimir Elementary School and St. Joseph High School in Keno…
Mr. William Keith Lee, 88, of Heidrick, passed away Thursday afternoon, May 6, 2021 at his home. He was the son of the late Shelby and Elizabeth Gampher Lee born on April 27, 1933 in Knox County. Keith was a retired electrician from CSX Railroad and former custodian with the Knox County Midd…
Tommy Gerald Warren, 73, died Friday, April 30, 2021. The son of the late Tommy and Mary Belle Wyatt Warren. There will be no funeral service. Visitation was Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. at the funeral home.
- Corbin, Lynn Camp high school students vying for Mountain Laurel Festival Princess crown
- PANIC AT THE PUMP: Despite frenzy for gas, Tri-County not running on empty
- Woman dies in Sunday crash on KY 11 in Knox County
- Mother finds racist drawing in son's backpack; School takes action to address it
- Community, strangers supporting local 2-year-old girl in critical condition after UTV crash
- Corbin tourism office welcomes Colonel Sanders wooden statue
- Teen missing for nearly a year returned home
- ZZ Top coming to Corbin Arena in July
- Winners named of Buddy Bass Fishing Tournament
- UPDATE: Body found in Laurel County pond identified
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.