UPDATE: Kentucky State Police has identified the victim of a fatal Sunday fire in Lily.

Charles R. Barton, 58, of Lily died inside the residence after extinguishing the flames.

The cause and origin of the fire has not determined at this time. Barton’s Body has been transported to the State Medical Examiner’s Office where an autopsy has been scheduled for today. Preliminary cause of death is expected later.

LILY — Lily Fire and Rescue is reporting an individual died in a house fire in Lily Sunday evening.

According to a post on the department's Facebook page, at 7:25 p.m. fire crews responded to a possible residential structure fire in the 100 block of Sugar Lane Road. Light smoke could be seen coming from the structure upon the crews' arrival.

A neighbor told the fire crews an occupant may still be in the home. A member of Lily Fire and Rescue and a member of West Knox Fire Rescue conducted a search of the home where they found a victim inside and removed the victim from the structure.

The individual was pronounced deceased.

Kentucky State Police Post 11 London was notified and responded to the scene for the investigation, according to the post. 

Lily Fire and Rescue's post said 17 personnel and three apparatuses responded the fire. Assisting on the scene were West Knox Fire Rescue, Ambulance Inc. of Laurel County, Laurel County Sheriff's Department, London-Laurel County Division of Public Safety, and Laurel County Coroner's Office.

No other injuries were reported during this incident.

No other information is available at this time.

React to this story: