The U.S. Space and Rocket Center launches 5,000 model rockets in an effort to break a Guinness World Record on the 50th anniversary of the launch of the Apollo 11 mission that sent the first men to the moon.
This Week's Circulars
Ruth Wilson, 81, died Tuesday, July 16, 2019, at her residence. The wife of the late John Lee Wilson. Funeral 9 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Burial at Douglas Cemetery at Sunny Hill. Visitation 6 p.m. Friday.
Charlynne B. Rogers, 85, of Corbin, KY, passed away on Saturday, July 13, 2019 at Baptist Health Corbin. A native of Corbin, she was a daughter of the late Curtis Brasel and Oranell Sullivan Brasel. She was preceded in death by her husband of 61 years, Henry Rogers; a sister, Carolyn Enright…
Janice Rose Miller, age 75, of Gray, passed away on Saturday July 13, 2019 at Baptist Health Corbin. She was a homemaker and faithful member of Sojourn Baptist Church in Corbin. Janice was preceded in death by her parents, Luster McDaniel and Mary Mabe McDaniel, and by her sisters Gladys McD…
- Four men accused of raping intoxicated woman in motel
- Corbin woman, Racial Justice Initiative planning event to remember 100th anniversary of racial cleansing
- South Laurel's new court design pays homage to Laurel County High School
- THE WAY IT IS: South Laurel 9-10 year-old All-Stars were a blast to cover
- Former lifeguard reflects on early days of city pool
- Testimonies heard in Nicholas Rucker case
- Williamsburg man charged with murder in aunt's death
- Corbin pastor speaks about overcoming brain tumor
- Emma Cooper crowned Miss Whitley County Fair
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Matthew Ministry provides free clothing for the needy