The 2021 Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov. The Norwegian Nobel Committee, which presented the award in Oslo on Friday, said the prize was awarded for their efforts to safeguard freedom of expression. Every year the Norwegian Nobel Committee recognizes a person or organization for their outstanding efforts and actions in the promotion of peace.
This Week's Circulars
Edward H. Tye, 81, of Corbin, KY passed away Saturday, October 23, 2021 at the UK Medical Center at Lexington. Born in Corbin, he was the son of the late Carl and Nell Masters Tye. Ed was also preceded in death by his daughter Kathy Bryant, son Alan Glenn Tye, granddaughter Crystal Bryant, a…
- 3 indicted for charges related to July murder of Woodbine man
- Keeping Fit: New style of exercise improves health in under 15 minutes
- BREAKING NEWS: Corbin school district to allow no masks when students, staff seated
- DISTRICT’S TOP DAWGS: Corbin clinches district’s top seed in the playoffs with 42-0 blowout win over Wayne County
- Former Corbin City Commissioner Ed Tye dies at age 81
- Trick-or-treat times in the Tri-County
- Baptist Health Corbin closes COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic
- CHANGE OF PLANS: Huddleston confirms Lynn Camp will cancel remainder of the season; W'burg will host McCreary Central Friday
- HIGH-FIVE: Corbin captures fifth consecutive 13th Region Volleyball championship, runs win streak against 13th Region opponents to 49 games
- Rick 'Smurff' Egedi remembered as 'Father of Tourism', promoter of Southeastern Ky.