- Voice of Faith
Making Your Life Stronger Through Adversity
Click to view Voice of Faith, September 2011 Issue in its entirety.
I was born with Spina Bifida, a serious birth abnormality in which the spinal cord is malformed and lacks its usual protective skeletal and soft tissue covering. At the point of the malformation, the nerves were exposed. I had to have an operation within the first few hours of birth to close the spine, but it could not reverse my paralysis.
It's Not Exercise, It's a Sport and You are the Athlete
Click to view Voice of Faith, June 2011 Issue in its entirety.
It’s never too late to start a healthy habit! I used to look at all types of exercise as socially acceptable forms of torture. It was my punishment for my lack of discipline when it came to eating. Exercise was like taking a nasty medicine — knew I needed to do it — loathed every minute if it — had to do it all over again the next day. Well, it’s time to take heart (no pun intended)! There are some exercises that are actually FUN.
Click to view the Voice of Faith, March 2011 issue in its entirety.
What do you do when you think God doesn’t hear you? You listen harder! In 2000, our second
daughter, Jordan, was born. Along with her older sister, Courtney, it made our family a bit bigger, yet immediately closer. We didn’t know we were soon going to be hugely tested as a family and as Christians. As Jordan grew, we noticed she didn’t roll around, or “babble” like her older sister had at the same age, but we just filed away our concerns. Not all babies develop at the same rate. It was probably nothing to worry about...
Yes, Virginia, There Really is a Santa
To quote a famous letter from the 1800s, “Yes, Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus!,” and we found him! Who would ever guess, our Santa is also a minister. No false makeup, no fake beard, this is exactly how he looks in everyday life. How do we know he is our real Santa? Other than the suit, which is a dead giveaway, look at the eyes.
My name is Jennifer Neeley. I am 22 years old, a Christian, and a recovering drug addict. Yes, I said Christian and recovering drug addict in the same sentence. God, in his infinite wisdom, gave us all free choice. I didn’t always choose wisely.
Teens Making a Difference
If you are under the assumption that there are no good kids left in this world, you must be looking in the wrong places. Twins Daniel and Derrick Phipps are outstanding young men who through service and leadership, work to spread the love of Christ with everyone they meet.
What a Prayer Can Do
In times of trouble, never forget where your strength lies, it is in faith, and don’t forget…it truly is amazing what a prayer can do.
- God's Secret to Contentment at Work My friends were thriving in their ministries and businesses, glowing as God used them. My purpose-driven life, on the other hand, had screeched to a halt. I was disappointed with my work, and I began to resent my coworkers and patients. How was this work going to further God’s kingdom?
- Voice of Faith Magazine, Issue 3 May 30, 2009 began as many other springtime Saturdays for me and my husband, Tom. We spent the late morning hours doing our yard work for the week. At around 11:30 a.m. as Tom was putting the weed-eater back in the garage, he stated he did not feel well and was going to go in the house and cool off.
- Voice of Faith Magazine, Issue 2 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,” (Phillipians 4:13) is a daily mantra for many who strive to succeed in today’s society. However, for those individuals who struggle with the added burden of substance abuse/addiction, their ability to embrace this concept is probably a thing of the past.
- More Voice of Faith Headlines
- Making Your Life Stronger Through Adversity