TheTimesTribune.com, Corbin, KY

February 10, 2014

Firefighters called to restaurant fire


The Times-Tribune

CORBIN — By Becky Killian / Editor

Corbin firefighters were called to Yamato Steak House of Japan about 5:30 p.m. Sunday where they found a “small fire” in the eaves that burned an about 6-inch area, according to the Corbin Fire Department.

It is believed the fire was caused by electrical wiring that failed.

Six firefighters responded and were at the restaurant for about an hour.

Also responding were the Corbin Police Department and a Knox County EMS unit was on standby. There were no injuries.