, Corbin, KY

Local News

February 10, 2014

Firefighters called to restaurant fire

CORBIN — By Becky Killian / Editor

Corbin firefighters were called to Yamato Steak House of Japan about 5:30 p.m. Sunday where they found a “small fire” in the eaves that burned an about 6-inch area, according to the Corbin Fire Department.

It is believed the fire was caused by electrical wiring that failed.

Six firefighters responded and were at the restaurant for about an hour.

Also responding were the Corbin Police Department and a Knox County EMS unit was on standby. There were no injuries.

Text Only
Local News
Front page
Featured Ads
AP Video
Tributes Mark Boston Bombing Anniversary Raw: Kan. Shooting Suspect Faces Judge US Supports Ukraine's Efforts to Calm Tensions Suspect in Kansas Shootings Faces Murder Charges Ukraine: Military Recaptures Eastern Airport Raw: Storm Topples RVs Near Miss. Gulf Coast NASA Showcases Lunar Eclipse Pistorius Cries During Final Cross-Examination The Boston Marathon Bombing: One Year Later Michael Phelps Set to Come Out of Retirement First Women Move to Army Platoon Artillery Jobs Sex Offenders Charged in Serial Killings Police: Woman Stored Dead Babies in Garage OC Serial Murder Suspects May Have More Victims Family: 2 Shot in Head at Kan. Jewish Center Raw: Horse Jumping Inspires 'Bunny Hop' After Attack, Officials Kill 5 Bears in Florida Popular Science Honors Year's Top Inventions ND Oil Boom Attracting Drug Traffickers
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter