Special to The Times-Tribune
A young and vibrant Christian family band that specializes in its own blend of classical, folk and pop music will kick off the 51st Concert Series season for the Fine Arts Association of Southeastern Kentucky Sept. 14.
In Corbin for a return engagement, the Annie Moses Band is the first of eight eclectic performances that make up this year’s series offering.
The Annie Moses Band is a family of Juilliard trained musicians and award winning songwriters dedicated to spiritual excellence and virtuosity in the arts.
The Annie Moses Band will perform Friday, Sept. 14, 7:30 p.m. at the Corbin High School Auditorium. The event is cosponsored by Whitaker Bank and the Corbin Tourism and Convention Commission.
This seasons Concert Series schedule also includes:
• The Saint Louis Brass Quintet - Tuesday, Sept. 25, 7:30 p.m. at Conway Boatman Chapel, Union College, Barbourville.
• Cinderella by the Lexington Ballet - Saturday, Oct. 20, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at the Corbin High School Auditorium. Performances cosponsored by Anne K. Hoskins.
• The American Chamber Players - Saturday, Nov. 10, 7:30 p.m., First Baptist Church in Corbin.
• The Lettermen: An Early Christmas Concert - Thursday, Nov. 29, 7:30 p.m., First Baptist Church in London.
• Mark O’Connor and Friends: An Appalachian Christmas - Tuesday, Dec. 18, 7:30 p.m., First Baptist Church in London.
• The American Spiritual Ensemble - Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, 7:30 p.m., First Baptist Church in London.
• The Golden Dragon Acrobats - Saturday, April 13, 2013, 7:30 p.m., O. Wayne Rollins Center, University of the Cumberlands, Williamsburg. Event cosponsored by the Corbin Tourism and Convention Commission.
Season subscriptions can be purchased now. A subscription provides admittance to all shows.
An individual adult subscription is $75. Students pay only $15 with valid student identification.
Tickets for each show can be bought individually, at the door, on the day of the performance for $30 each.
For subscription information, visit Gibson’s Music, 112 South Main Street, Corbin or call: Betty Comer 606-524-1354, Milton Dunaway (606) 546-4601 or Frankie Ball (606) 524-3091.
Payment for subscriptions can be mailed to Annasue Davis, Treasurer, 320 Pine Street, Williamsburg, KY 40769.