By Carl Keith Greene / Staff Writer
Twenty people were charged in 17 indictments by Monday’s grand jury in Knox County Circuit Court.
Garfield Cox, 52, Cannon, was indicted on four counts of sexual abuse in the first degree, with court documents indicating he subjected a 12-year-old to sexual contact through the use of forcible compulsion.
Cox was also charged with second-degree persistent felony offense (PFO).
Bill Fred Hamilton, 69, and Diane S. Hill, 29, both of Barbourville, were charged with two counts of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
In another indictment, Hamilton and Patsy Brown (aka Carnes), 56, of Flat Lick, were charged with two counts of second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument.
In a third indictment, Hamilton and Brown (aka Carnes), 56, (whose address is listed as Barbourville in this indictment) and Billy Ray Hamilton, 38, of Barbourville, were charged with three counts of second-degree possession of a forged instrument, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance and Hamilton second-degree PFO.
• Donna Hooker (aka Owens), 45, of Barbourville, third-degree assault, second-degree disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, third-degree terroristic threatening, harrassing communications and first-degree PFO.
• David Lake, 36, of Barbourville, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and second-degree PFO.
• Timothy Petrey, 41, of Barbourville, receiving a stolen firearm.
• Patrick Gray, 20, of Barbourville, and B.J. Hubbard, 21, Flat Lick, third-degree burglary, second-degree criminal trespass and third-degree criminal mischief.
• Brian Phillips, 34, of Corbin, two counts of theft by failure to make required disposition of the value of $500 to $10,000.
• Tony Roark, 26, of Gray, first-degree bailjumping.
• Deniece Gatewood, 36, of Corbin, first-degree bailjumping.
• Melissa Turner, 32, of Barbourville two counts of program assistance fraud.
• Danny Moses, 22, of Gray, making methamphetamine, first-degree possession of a controlled substance, first-degree wanton endangerment, controlled substance endangerment to a child, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, receiving stolen property of less than $500 and second-degree PFO.
• Kimberly A. Owens, 44, of Corbin, making meth, first-degree possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a controlled substance in an improper container, rear license plate not illuminated, driving on an expired license, failure to produce insurance card and driving under the influence of intoxicants.
• Charles Disney, 26, of Gray, and Michelle Mills, 43, of Flat Lick, both charged with two counts of first-degree wanton endangerment, abandonment of a minor, first- and third-degree possessing of a controlled substance. Mills, driving under the influence of intoxicants and Disney public intoxication.
• William D. Rucker, 37, of Corbin, first-degree possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
An indictment is a formal charge by a grand jury and is not a conviction or an admission of guilt.
Court documents indicate he subjected 12-year-old to sexual contact
By Carl Keith Greene / Staff Writer
Man indicted for sexual abuse
A London man has been indicted for an alleged eight years of sexual abuse of a child under 12 years old.
Police Roundup - Jan. 29, 2013
According to Laurel County Sheriff John Root, the department has stepped up its enforcement along U.S. 25 between Corbin and London.
Police Roundup - Jan. 7, 2013
A London man was arrested Saturday after deputies found him in a hotel room with a juvenile, drug paraphernalia and painkillers, according to Laurel County Sheriff John Root.
Police Roundup - December 7, 2012
A London man was arrested Wednesday for driving under the influence after he pulled his truck into a private drive and passed out with the engine running, according to Laurel County Sheriff John Root.
Woman pleads guilty in baby trade
A woman charged with trading her newborn baby for a used pickup truck pleaded guilty in Laurel County Circuit Court Tuesday, according to a court official.
Police Roundup - December 5, 2012
Two London women were arrested Tuesday after it was learned they used their positions at a local dentist’s office to obtain prescriptions illegally, according to Laurel County Sheriff John Root.
Corbin man jailed for robbery
An early morning robbery landed a Corbin man in jail on multiple charges Saturday.
Five face federal drug charges
Five people face federal charges after an ongoing federal investigation into oxycodone distribution in this area.
Man indicted for murder of girlfriend
A man charged in the murder of his 25-year-old girlfriend has been indicted by a Laurel County Circuit Court Grand Jury, court documents indicate.
Police Roundup - Nov. 20, 2012
Johnny D. Brown, 39, of Laurel County faces charges of burglary, fleeing and evading, theft of a firearm, theft under $500 and criminal mischief.
- More Arrests/Indictments Headlines
- Man indicted for sexual abuse