, Corbin, KY

July 3, 2012

Police Roundup - July 3, 2012, Corbin, KY

CORBIN — Times-Tribune

Staff Report

Fugitive arrested at motel near Corbin

Laurel and Whitley county sheriff’s officers on Friday located Gregory Monroe, 50, of Pine Knot, at a motel near Corbin.

The Whitley County Sheriff’s office got information that the fugitive was near the motel located near the Laurel County line.

They charged Monroe with being a fugitive from Clermont County, Ohio, for non-support of six dependents.

He was taken to the Laurel County Corrections Center and will be extradited to Ohio.

Police: Drunken teen nearly strikes two officers

While directing traffic on KY 192, east of London during the Red, White & Boom celebration Saturday night London Police officers arrested three people.

The 17-year-old driver approached the officers and refused to stop for their signals. The car stopped before nearly striking two officers.

The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and for having a fraudulent driver’s license.

The driver told the officers that he used his fraudulent license to get vodka at the Manchester Liquor Mart.

Passenger Kellie R. Smith, the driver’s mother became belligerent with officers and refused to cooperate with them.

She and a second passenger, Marc Miller, were also arrested, the police office reported.

Woman wanted in Florida arrested

On Saturday at about 9 p.m., Kentucky State Police Vehicle Enforcement Officer Jerry Jones was investigating at a home on Earl Howard Road in Laurel County regarding a vehicle that had evaded police earlier that day.

During the investigation, Jones located an unrelated woman, 38-year-old Marita Hutchinson of St. Petersburg, Fla., who was wanted for dealing in stolen property by Pinellas County, Fla.

She was arrested and taken to the Laurel County Corrections Center.

Keavy man arrested

Laurel County  Detective Jason Back arrested Carl Henderson, 27, of Keavy.

He was charged with a Laurel County bench warrant for flagrant non support of more than $9,800.

He was arrested about 12 miles south of London and taken to the Laurel County Corrections Center.