By Heather Cole / Staff Writer
A Knox County grand jury handed down indictments Friday, including charges against a Gray man accused of setting fire to a coal tipple and vandalizing a sawmill.
Jamie Carman, 20, of Gray, was arrested earlier this month on charges of arson and vandalism. On Saturday, Jan. 12, a fire was reported at approximately 1:20 a.m. to the Knox County Sheriff’s Office at the old coal tipple on Bertha Hollow Road in Gray on property owned by Safeco.
Carman was indicted by the grand jury on charges of third-degree arson and first-degree criminal mischief.
Carman was also indicted on arson and theft charges dating back to May 22, 2007. The grand jury charged Carman with the offenses of first-degree burglary, two counts of theft by unlawful taking over $300, theft of a firearm, and first-degree arson by setting fire with the intent to do damage to a residence.
The grand jury also returned the following indictments:
• James Hill, four counts of distributing matter portraying a sexual performance by a minor, four counts of possession of matter portraying a sexual performance by a minor
• Crystal G. Myrick, second-degree burglary, eight counts of second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, second-degree persistent felony offender
• Stanley Roberts, receiving stolen property valuing $300 or more, first-degree persistent felony offender, driving a motor vehicle while license is revoked or suspended for driving under the influence, operating a vehicle with an improper registration plate
• Rhonda R. Mills, theft of identity of another without consent, fraudulent use of a credit card over $100 within six months
• Justin G. Messer, first-degree burglary, two counts of theft by unlawful taking of $300 or more, theft of a firearm, first-degree arson
• Cuddie Holbrook, theft by deception valuing $300 or more, first-degree persistent felony offender
• Alice Marcum, theft by unlawful taking valuing $300 or more
• Michael Shane McCormick, Jr, theft of identity of another without consent, fraudulent use of a credit card less than $100 within six months, second-degree persistent felony offender
• Bill Abrams, two counts of theft by deception valuing $300 or more
• Issac Grubbs, flagrant non support
By Heather Cole / Staff Writer
Man indicted for sexual abuse
A London man has been indicted for an alleged eight years of sexual abuse of a child under 12 years old.
Police Roundup - Jan. 29, 2013
According to Laurel County Sheriff John Root, the department has stepped up its enforcement along U.S. 25 between Corbin and London.
Police Roundup - Jan. 7, 2013
A London man was arrested Saturday after deputies found him in a hotel room with a juvenile, drug paraphernalia and painkillers, according to Laurel County Sheriff John Root.
Police Roundup - December 7, 2012
A London man was arrested Wednesday for driving under the influence after he pulled his truck into a private drive and passed out with the engine running, according to Laurel County Sheriff John Root.
Woman pleads guilty in baby trade
A woman charged with trading her newborn baby for a used pickup truck pleaded guilty in Laurel County Circuit Court Tuesday, according to a court official.
Police Roundup - December 5, 2012
Two London women were arrested Tuesday after it was learned they used their positions at a local dentist’s office to obtain prescriptions illegally, according to Laurel County Sheriff John Root.
Corbin man jailed for robbery
An early morning robbery landed a Corbin man in jail on multiple charges Saturday.
Five face federal drug charges
Five people face federal charges after an ongoing federal investigation into oxycodone distribution in this area.
Man indicted for murder of girlfriend
A man charged in the murder of his 25-year-old girlfriend has been indicted by a Laurel County Circuit Court Grand Jury, court documents indicate.
Police Roundup - Nov. 20, 2012
Johnny D. Brown, 39, of Laurel County faces charges of burglary, fleeing and evading, theft of a firearm, theft under $500 and criminal mischief.
- More Arrests/Indictments Headlines
- Man indicted for sexual abuse